Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Monster* is OUT!!

The rims were supposed to be ready by 2pm but when I called them during lunch time, I was told to come at 4pm. WHAT?! The extra 2 hours felt as long as the 2 weeks I've been waiting for!!!

Lucky I had made a concurrent appointment with another guy who wanted to trade my 16" rims for a pair of nicer looking tail lamps. After some fierce back and forth counter offers, we both agreed to a direct swap. Personally, I think it was a great deal as my current tyre were manufactured in... get this... 2006!! However, I hope I didn't get sucked into taking a lemon. We'll find out tomorrow!

So, the car went up the jack.
Up on the jack - notice the "subtle" difference in size.. haha
The gap of the wheel to the arch was in plain...fugly

I thought that once the car came down to earth, the gap wouldn't be that big. Boy, was I wrong!! *slap head*

* Well, you guessed it... the 2 clowns had a field day at my expense. Red Lorry lar... Monster Truck lar... Bigfoot lar *sigh*

Looks like I have yet another unexpected cost to deal with now. 
The best side shot pic I have so far....
Which got me thinking, since I've already been walking down the road which most people wouldn't even think off, perhaps I should ignore going "slammed down" and perhaps embrace the "pimped up" look. What do you think?  :)
Snoop Dogg would be so proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment