Saturday, March 3, 2012

Adjustable are in....

After all the snide remarks on my bigfoot, monster truck (click here), I woke up first thing in the morning to update my original stock suspensions & absorbers to full adjustable. To the purist, NO, this are not Bilstein shock + Eibach spring. Not going to justify why here. Sat in those and then sat with the "others". Those who disagree with me are welcomed to sit in my car.  :D
"You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed
and believe whatever you want to believe". Dare take the red pill?

I decided to go for the GAB SS Series. It is fully adjustable with high-low and hard-soft. I went direct to RSOne in Kepong. Red Arrow manage to contact the manager there and I got a real sweet deal. Thanks, Bro!
Last pair for E39
Fresh out of the box

Work started at 10:30am as I had to wait for the car before me to be done. When it came to my turn, 3 persons worked on it. In 20 minutes+, the front was done.
Old
New
Before
After

The rear however took like 4 hours! They had to remove everything in the rear including the seat, speakers, rear headrest before they could install it.

Adjusting the 32 setting of hard-soft was easy on the front. Just lift the hood and twist the knob. However, to adjust the hard-soft for the rear will require taking everything out again!! So, I decided to fix Extension Kit. Now the knob can be turn using the Extension Kit which seats silently inside the speaker panel.
Extension Kit

The car sit a bit higher than I love it to be. They told me that the height will reduce a bit more once the absorber settle down. Else, I'll take it back. Very happy with the level of professionalism and patience the 3 guys had to slowly figure and strip my rear. Definitely go direct to them if you are thinking of putting on any GAB shocks or absorbers.

Before
After - TIS Deep Dish served with some Black Berry

No comments:

Post a Comment